For the sauce:
Chicken Breast Fillet
Ragu Cheesy Alfredo Sauce
For the Spinach:
Spinach (huge bunch)
Lasagna Sheets (cooked according to package directions)
Ragu Double Cheddar SauceGrated Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheight (180 degrees Celsius)
Making the sauce
1. Cut chicken fillet to bite size pieces. You can use as much chicken as you want.
2. Brine chicken in salt solution (water plus lots of salt). Set aside for about 30 minutes
3. Clean Spinach in water. Choose the best leaves in the bunch. You can place as many or as little as you want. But the more Spinach the better it is. Aside from it's good for you, it has that yummy distinct earthy flavor.
4. Chop up Spinach. (but not too small)
5. Chop up garlic and onion
6. While chicken is still brining, heat up pan for spinach.
7. Melt butter in a bit of olive oil
8. Add onions then garlic then Spinach. Season with a little salt just to taste and keep the vibrant color of the leaves. Just a pinch of salt will do.
9. Saute everything till the leaves wilt. It will only take a few minutes. Faster if you use less spinach.
10. Transfer cooked Spinach to a plate and drain the water. Do not throw the water for you can use it to flavor the sauce later.
11. Drain chicken and rinse well under running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
12. Chop up onions and garlic
13. Heat a bit of Olive Oil. Add onions and garlic.
14. Add chicken pieces. Saute till no longer pink
15. Add Ragu Alfredo Sauce
16. Add a bit of cream
17. Add milk to thin out the sauce.
18. Season with salt and pepper.
19. Add the cooked spinach.
20. Season to taste. Stir till heated through.
Arranging the layers
1. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the sauce on the bottom of an oven-proof dish. Arrange the lasagna sheets
2. Spoon the sauce till it covers the sheets.
3. Add grated cheese. Not so much because it may become too salty.
4. Repeat process just before you run out of sauce and cheese.
5. The last layer should be the sauce and grated cheese. You can substitute the Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce for the last layer of cheese.
6. Cover with foil and place in the preheated oven. It will take about 30-40 minutes. Since I used an instant lasagna sheet, it took longer - about 50 minutes.
7. Remove the foil in the last minutes of the cooking time to broil the top.
8. Remove from oven and let stand a about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Here's the picture of the Ragu Sauce that I used.
The Instant Lasagna that I used.
Disclaimer: I am not endorsing the Ragu Sauce brand or the San Remo Instant Lasanga. I just had it in my pantry and decided to use it. It's a shortcut that I did to make things faster and easier for me.