Tuesday, August 17, 2010

the peanut sauce experiment

I cook when I'm stressed out.  Somehow it helps me calm down.  Tonight became another night of cooking for me.  One the menu for today:

Lunch:  Beef Stir-Fry with Eggplants and Cauliflower
Dinner:  Chicken Arroz Caldo (with lots of fried garlic bits)
             Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce
             Inihaw na Chorizo

Lunch was ok. It would have been better if we got a tender cut of beef. Bought the local beef from Rustan's Supermarket and boy it was TOUGH!!!!  When will I ever learn????  Everytime I buy beef from them, it always comes out tough when cooked.  I don't know if it's my cooking method or their beef.  Anyhow, I will try to stay away from them from now on. 
On to dinner.  I don't expect the Beef Satay to be tender because it came from the same source as the beef used for lunch's stir fry.  I used an instant marinade. It smelled good though.  To pair with it, I made peanut sauce for dipping. I used the receipe found here.  It is easy to do and no cooking required. It's not the same satay sauce that I know from my memory but it will do.  I think I will have enough left-over for me to whip us Peanut-Sesame noodles.  I still got a pack of soba noodles waiting to be used. 
Pictures to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment